Friday, March 28, 2008

Quick Fixes etc.

I disappeared from the blog scene because of a cross-country move and a brand new baby, but the baby is now 5 months old and I'm all settled in to the new house, so I'm back! Product-wise, having a baby has taught me to be fast and efficient, so I've learned a few new tricks.

First: Clinique's "City Block" lotions are fabulous. They come in SPF 25 and 40 and are slightly tinted, so they moisturize, protect against sun damage, even out skin tone, and conceal. No need for powder or foundation unless you have problem skin. They are oil free, so if your skin is particularly dry you may need some extra moisturizer. My skin is extremely dry, and I live in Utah, and at the risk of sounding like a Clinique commercial, I find that this is quick and easy to put on before the City Block.

Second: For lips, I swear nothing is better than Eucerin's Aquaphor ointment. Unfortunately, it's difficult to find in any other container than a large tub. I have run across sample sizes for sale in Target before, but it's all about timing. I have a seemingly endless supply of samples-- I get one every time I order diapers online, and I don't leave home without it. It's basically Vaseline, but it's clear and odorless. It heals and protects, plus gives you some glossiness without the goop. While you're at it, go ahead and buy the big tub. Use this stuff on your feet between pedicures.

As for what's in my bag besides diapers...

-City Block
-Aquaphor
-mirror
-Clinique lipstick in "Bamboo Pink"
-Purell hand sanitizer
-Burt's Bees Baby Bee buttermilk lotion
-(and this isn't exactly a beauty product in a direct kind of way, but it's handy to have for those times when you spill strawberry margarita on your white blouse) Oxi Clean Spray Away travel size (it's in with the laundry detergent at the grocery store)

No comments: